Are you a student looking for a rewarding, educational internship or part-time summer job? The Silicon Valley Bicycle Exchange has volunteer opportunities and part-time paid positions available for this summer, and hopefully beyond.
You'll get an inside view of our nonprofit, including its volunteer programs, community bike shop and online operations. You'll develop bike mechanic skills and both retail and nonprofit management experience.
Volunteers and part-time hires will need:
- a passion for bicycles and helping your local community
- 10-20 hours/week availability on a set schedule
- basic bike mechanic skills
- excellent communication skills
- organizational skills with the ability to work independently
- positive attitude
- commitment to efficiency and timeliness
Paid part-time hires will need to be of legal working age, possess intermediate-to-advanced mechanic skills and bicycle knowledge, and will be subject to a skills test.
Most work will be at our Bayshore facility in Palo Alto, but some remote work is possible.
For Santa Clara County youth receiving assistance from the County, we may have additional paid opportunities starting in June.