Our Mission: Serving the community while
inspiring people to learn the art of bicycle repair.
Location: 3961 East Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA MAP
Currently our volunteer days are on pause due to COVID-19. Main volunteer workdays when we're not in a pandemic are 10am to 3pm on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of January-October. See the event calendar for more events and volunteer days.
The Silicon Valley Bicycle Exchange is a Section 501c(3) non-profit organization.
More Contact info
Coronavirus News: Bicycle Exchange Limits Event Size
Written by Carol Mattsson Carol Mattsson
Published: 06 March 2020 06 March 2020
In light of the health guidance provided March 5th by the Santa Clara County Public Health Department to address novel coronavirus, the Bicycle Exchange will limit event size and encourage outdoor work. The guidelines recommend keeping greater than an arm's-length distance from others.
At the Bicycle Exchange workdays, we will adapt the way we work to follow these guidelines, including:
- Limit to one person per repair stand, two people per workbench;
- Consider working outdoors. We have tables and shade canopies for this purpose;
- Prepare to be turned away from a workday if we run out of volunteer space;
- Continue your bicycle repair volunteer work at home, by taking on a homework project;
- As always, if you are sick please don't attend a Bicycle Exchange workday.
Please cooperate with the event leader to help everyone stay safe.
Contact us for help arranging your own small volunteer bicycle repair event.
Check this website, our newsletter and our social media to keep up with Bicycle Exchange's guidelines as the coronavirus epidemic continues to evolve.